The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) significantly impacts all organizations processing EU-based personal data. Enterprises need robust data management infrastructure that provides transparency, accountability, and control in order to demonstrate compliance and protect data subject rights, without compromising the value of their data.
Facilitate GDPR Compliance with Palantir Foundry
Palantir Foundry provides the secure and accountable infrastructure that organizations need to maximize the value of their data while making sure that it's processed in accordance with the rules, regulations, and norms that govern data privacy.
Key capabilities include:
- Data discovery and classification: Compile a complete inventory of personal, sensitive, or otherwise controlled data using Foundry's human-driven, computer-assisted discovery and classification framework.
- Data provenance: Understand your data supply chain with automatically generated data lineage and a complete versioned history of data transformations and associated code.
- Algorithmic transparency: Trace algorithms and models back through each step of assumptions and processing.
- Purpose-based controls: Limit any and all personal data processing to specified purposes grounded in GDPR-recognized legal bases, while facilitating data-driven data protection impact assessments for high-risk use cases.
- Robust and granular access controls: Prevent unauthorized access while enabling effective collaboration using configurable controls at the metadata, dataset, and sub-dataset level.
- Consolidated data subject view: Manage consent, respond quickly to data subject rights requests and satisfy data breach notification requirements with an ontology layer that generates a 360-degree view of the data subject.
- Data retention and deletion: Ensure that data is stored in accordance with relevant retention schemes and meet data subject deletion requests, even across complex, distributed system landscapes.
- Dynamic data minimization: Implement privacy by design and prevent unnecessary disclosure of personal data with Foundry's suite of de-identification features.
- Auditing for accountability: Automatically produce and maintain complete, interpretable records of data processing activities and decisions that affect data subjects.
- Appropriate use and policy management: Ensure appropriate use and accountability of data handling with configurable prompts and purpose specification within Foundry.
The GDPR is Just the Beginning
At Palantir, we're committed to helping organizations protect privacy and strengthen trust in how they use information and achieve the potential of their digital transformation. Foundry’s flexible data protection capabilities are helping organizations prepare for an ever-evolving global regulatory environment, from the GDPR to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and beyond.